1 – Basic Information
2 – Sources of Indexing
3 – Intellectual property
4 – Association
5 – Sponsors
1. Basic Information
The Brazilian Journal of Nursing (Revista Brasileira de Enfermagem – REBEn), created in 1932, is the official publication of the Brazilian Nursing Association (Associação Brasileira de Enfermagem – ABEn). It is the oldest of the Brazilian nursing journals and its mission is to disseminate scientific production from the varied areas of knowledge which is of interest to nursing professionals, including that one which expresses the political project of the Association.
Its first title was “Annaes de Enfermagem“, from May 1932 to April 1941, modified to “ Anais de Enfermagem“, from January 1946 until December 1954, when it started having the current title – Brazilian Journal of Nursing (Revista Brasileira de Enfermagem – REBEn). In its trajectory, it had a single interruption, in the period from May 1941 to December 1945.
The REBEn is published in electronic format, bimonthly, with open access. The print version was discontinued.
Its abbreviated title is Rev Bras Enferm, which should be used in bibliographies, footnotes and bibliographical references and subtitles.
Open Access Policy – Revista Brasileira de Enfermagem is published under the Open Access model and is therefore free for anybody to read and download, and to copy and disseminate for educational purposes.
2. Sources of Indexing
- BDENF (Base de Dados em Enfermagem)
- CINAHL (Cumulative Index to Nursing & Allied Health Literature)
- CUIDEN (Base de dados da Fundacíon Index – España)
- DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals)
- ESCI (Emerging Sources Citation Index)
- Google Scholar
- LATINDEX (Sistema Regional de Informação em Linha para Revistas Científicas da América Latina, Caribe, Espanha e Portugal)
- LILACS (Literatura Latino-americana e do Caribe em Ciências da Saúde)
- MEDLINE / International Nursing Index (Literatura Internacional em Ciências da Saúde)
- OAJI (Open Academic Journals Index)
- PERIÓDICA (Índice de Revistas Latino-americanas em Ciências)
- PubMed (US National Library of Medicine)
- Redalyc (Red de Revistas Científicas de América Latina y El Caribe, España y Portugal)
- SciELO (Scientific Electronic Library Online)
- SJR (SCImago Journal & Country Rank)
- SIIC Data Bases (Sociedad Iberoamericana de Información Cientifica)
- Ulrich’s International Periodicals Directory
3. Intellectual property
All content of the journal, except where identified, is licensed under a Creative Commons attribution-type CC-BY.
The Revista Brasileira de Enfermagem adopted until Jun/2015 the Creative Commons license attribution-type BY-NC. Currently the license is the attribution-type BY.
The journal is financially supported by: